Why is it pizzetti?
Well, very simply, because it’s a recipe for baked spaghetti with pasta sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, layered as if it were a topped pizza. It’s a divine dish. Trust me. It will become one of your family’s favorites.
I also want to tell you that you can be creative with the ingredients, use the ones that best suit your family’s preferences. A little later, I’ll share some more thoughts on this.
To me, cooking for someone who loves to eat is one of the best things a person can experience. I also love sharing delicious food with my friends. Seeing them try new recipes and that they like them makes me very happy.
I knew this dish would be a great success. Spaghetti pepperoni is always delicious, whether it is baked or cooked on the stovetop.
Ingredients for spaghetti pizza
I love to create in the kitchen. This spaghetti pizza combines some of the best flavors in a very easy-to-make dish.
The spaghetti is cooked to perfection and topped with all the other delicious ingredients to create a hearty dish.
Mozzarella cheese has always been in my house. I love it! It takes any dish to a new level of flavor and texture.
The tomato spaghetti sauce used in abundance enlivens this dish, and pepperoni is definitely a must for my pizza, so of course I add it in ample quantities.
This is my classic recipe. But there are many more options you can use to diversify this recipe. Try additional ingredients such as:
- Bell peppers. Our family can eat a can of roasted red peppers in one meal, but we also love green and yellow bell peppers.
- Ground beef: take it up a notch by including a heavy dose of ground beef.
- Sausage: the taste of good sausage is incomparable. Imagine pairing a sausage pizza with spaghetti.
- Bacon: Needless to say, there’s no need for advertising.
- Parmesan cheese: another ingredient we adore in my house. We love to add parmesan cheese to everything. Thanks to parmesan, I was able to introduce another vegetable into our diet when I made broccoli and cheese , and they did the dishes.
- Onions: I truly believe that onions make the world a better place. Breath not so much, but to be happy you have to make sacrifices.
- Olives: I use them not only for martinis, they are also an ingredient that goes well with pizza and can give a special look to this two-in-one recipe.
- Mushrooms. Giving up meat and using mushrooms is a very tasty option.
- Penne or rotini – substitute spaghetti penne or rotini for a new baking experience.
- Like I said, this spaghetti pizza pan is very versatile and gives you unlimited options for making it. You really can’t go wrong, as you will make it to your liking.
- Another bonus: If you have a slice left over, which is not always the case in our house (read: never), it reheats beautifully!
How to make baked spaghetti pizza
How do you make a delicious recipe even better? Well, by using quality ingredients. I strive to find recipes so that our whole family can live a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet.
You will start by boiling the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package. Once that is done, drain them and set them aside for a moment.
Take a baking dish and grease the bottom of it with a thin layer of tomato spaghetti sauce. Place a layer of spaghetti on top, add a layer of mozzarella cheese, then a layer of pepperoni on top of the mozzarella cheese.
Then place another layer of cooked spaghetti. Add more sauce, pepperoni and cheese until your casserole is full of these delicious things.
If you decide to use different toppings, use the same method to make your spaghetti pizza.
Bake in a preheated 180°C oven for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly. Then roast for about 2-5 minutes, until cheese is brown.
Take this delicious spaghetti pizza recipe to the table and see how quickly it disappears.
My favorite utensils for making this spaghetti pizza recipe:
- MIXING bowls: I like having mixing bowls in different sizes. From small to large, I think it was necessary to have at least 3 bowls of different sizes in my kitchen.
- MEASUREMENT Cups: There’s nothing like a good set of measuring cups that last a long time. I love metal measuring cups for their durability.
- 500 g spaghetti
- 1 liter of tomato spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 200 g pepperoni
How to cook spaghetti pizza
- Cook the spaghetti according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Drain water from cooked spaghetti and set aside.
- Coat the bottom of the baking dish with a thin layer of tomato sauce.
- Add half the spaghetti, a layer with half the cheese and top with a layer of pepperoni and repeat the layers in the same order (tomato sauce, cheese and pepperoni).
- Bake at 180°C for 20-30 minutes or until the mold is bubbling in the center and the cheese is melted.
- Then turn on the grill in the oven and cook for about 2-5 minutes until the cheese is browned, but be careful not to burn the pepperoni.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for a minute or two before serving.
- Serve hot.
This spaghetti pizza recipe is the holy grail of Italian cooking. On those days when it’s hard to choose between a good pizza or a hearty serving of spaghetti, the solution is to combine both dishes in one. Spectacular pizza can be made with spaghetti . The texture of this simple pasta, which is found in all kitchens, can help us create a unique base in the world. The rest of the ingredients are very similar, tomato, cheese and some olives for decoration. Dare to break the rules with a unique fusion dish.
- 500 grams of spaghetti
- 1 garlic clove
- 250 grams of tomatoes
- 300 grams of mozzarella
- 4 eggs
- 50 ml of milk
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 50 grams of salami
- Black pitted black olives
- 4 hot green peppers (optional)
- Grated cheese
How to make spaghetti pizza
This recipe is indispensable , once you try it you will not stop making it , you will forget about pizza dough forever.
We start with spaghetti, we are going to cook it so that it is al dente. They can be whole or the type we usually use. Spaghetti pizza recipe
When the pasta is ready, we drain it and leave it in reserve . It will finish the cooking in the oven with a light gratin, which will give it an impressive consistency and flavor.
Prepare a kind of sauce that will give the pasta consistency. Peel the garlic and cut it into as small pieces as possible.
In a bowl we put the garlic. We add a spoonful of oregano and eggs. Beat them until we have a sauce, which we salt to taste.
We turn on the oven so it starts to heat up, put it on 180º while we make our spaghetti pizza.
We mix the spaghetti with the prepared mixture of eggs, oregano and garlic. We are going to make a kind of dough, which we will put in a baking dish which we will line with baking paper so it won’t stick to us.
We form the base . Above we have a tomato, which will give it the look and taste of the pizza we are looking for. We’ll turn the tomatoes into sauce or put them shredded as we like. Spaghetti Pizza Recipe.
Put chopped mozzarella and a few slices of salami . We can add whatever ingredients we like best, this is our pizza, there are no limits in this homemade preparation.
We top with some more cheese and some olives. We bake this delight at 180º for about 15 minutes . We serve with fresh basil and enjoy a beautiful Italian dish.