Who doesn’t love a classic Friday night pizza and movie to end the week? What happens is that we can not always find vegan pizza options and at the same time contain quality ingredients. Therefore, I propose this idea with which, with very few ingredients, you will be able to enjoy this option at home.
The best thing is that, keeping the way of preparing the “non-minced meat” barbecue flavor, you can add your favorite vegetable ingredients to your pizza. Of course, as a dietitian-nutritionist, I recommend that you try to include a good portion of vegetables in order to incorporate in an easy and tasty way one of the two servings of vegetables that are recommended per day.
- Pizza base. I have used a spelt one, but you can use the one you like the most.
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 3 washed and sliced mushrooms
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in halves
- 1 dessert spoon of smoked hot sauce
- 60-70 grams of shredded soy-based vegetable strips
- About a handful of shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- Spices: pepper, garlic powder, oregano and basil
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees.
- Mix in a bowl 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce with the garlic powder, oregano and basil and spread it well on the pizza base.
- Add the mushrooms and the tomatoes on the base.
- In another bowl, mix the shredded vegetable strips with a tablespoon of tomato sauce, the smoked hot sauce and pepper.
- This is what will give the “barbecue flavor” to our vegetable meat.
- We spread the vegetable meat on the pizza and add the vegan cheese.
- Add a little more oregano and bake at 210 degrees for about 12-15 minutes. But I recommend that you keep an eye on it because the cooking time will depend on the type of oven.
Let it rest for a few minutes and, ready to enjoy!