Pizza is delicious and nutritious. It is not recommended for people who want to lose weight. But what to do if you need to lose weight, and you want pizza? We present you some tips to reduce the calories of this wonderful dish.
- Fresh dough or dough made with buckwheat flour Fresh dough contains 200 Kcal per 100 grams, yeast 290, and puff pastry – and even more, as much as 400! Replace an all-around heavy dough with butter, sugar, and yeast with a lighter, diet dough. The recipe for diet dough is simple-flour, water, and an egg. If you use buckwheat flour, the dish will turn out more healthy, rich in micronutrients.
- Give up mayonnaise and store-bought ketchup Italians do without these two condiments. And it’s not so much about the calories. Mayonnaise and ketchup can contain useless and tasteless additives. For example, starch, thickeners and colorings. Why eat these? Use natural olive oil and make your own tomato sauce. For a good sauce you will need tomatoes, salt and spices. Rinse the tomatoes first with hot and then cold water and remove the skins, and then toast them under a lid in a shallow saucepan.
- Sausage and frankfurters are not meat. But they aren’t very useful. Replace these foods with chicken breast, beef, duck, or lean pork.
- Less salt, more spices Salt is a must, but it does not have the good property of retaining water. If you are watching your weight you do not need it. The more aromatic herbs you add, the less salt you need. Marjoram, basil, oregano, garlic and all kinds of peppers are good for pizza.
- They are low in calories, have a unique flavor and are very healthy. Add bell peppers, Brussels sprouts and onions. Then your pizza will be even tastier and healthier.
Pizza should include three mandatory ingredients – dough, sauce and mozzarella cheese. The rest of the products are added randomly to the taste of the cook. Accordingly, it is necessary to reduce the caloric content of one of the main ingredients, and it becomes light.
The pizza can be made dietary simply by replacing the usual wheat white flour with healthy whole wheat flour. It has an order of magnitude more fiber, the dough will be denser and will withstand even large amounts of toppings, such as heavy vegetables. When making a light pizza, you should not use store-bought dough, it is better to prepare the dish from start to finish yourself.
For a diet dough, 0.5 kg of whole wheat flour, 1 tsp. olive oil and 0.5 tsp. salt should be placed in a blender and added in small portions with warm water until you get a smooth, dense, elastic dough.
In addition to the dough, you can lighten the pizza by using reduced-fat mozzarella. At the same time do not put a lot of cheese, it is enough 3-4 thin slices. Vegans can do without cheese or replace it with a couple of slices of tofu or vegan cheese.
As for the sauce, if the task is to reduce the caloric content of the dish – do not make creamy, “4 Cheeses” or the same pesto. All of them are caloric and very fatty. It is better to opt for a simple tomato sauce. For this, you should peel the fresh tomatoes and grind them in a blender with a bunch of fresh basil, a couple of cloves of garlic, and 1 tsp of olive oil, season with salt and black pepper, and spread an even layer on a diet base of whole wheat flour.
On top of the pizza just put a couple of thin slices of mozzarella and optional toppings – non-starchy vegetables.
20-30 minutes in the oven heated to 180 ° C and the light pizza is ready.
In some places serve pizza, the caloric value of which is only 180 kcal/100g. It is called a vegetarian pizza. It is prepared on a dough without the use of yeast. Her toppings are broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, peppers, corn. It turns out delicious and varied. Sesame, various herbs, olives, soybean curd or cheese are used as seasoning.
Lose weight on such a pizza will not work, but extra pounds will not be deposited on the waist and hips.
How to reduce the caloric content of pizza?
In order for the dish to have no extra calories, you need to cook it yourself, paying attention to the following recommendations:
1. For dough, use durum flour and make it as thin as possible. Yeast can be replaced by baking soda.
2. If cheese is used for cooking, preference should be given only to its hard varieties. The best absorbed by the body is mozzarella cheese.
Do not use ketchup and mayonnaise. They can be replaced by natural tomatoes or tomato paste.
Thus, pizza is a high-calorie product. Its energy value is 250-400 kcal/100g. In order to reduce this figure, pizza should be cooked at home.